Monday, February 18, 2013

Ayse dress

Gosh, it's been a while, huh? Life's busy in my neck of the woods. I've been trying to sort out my job situation (no luck), deciding on the pros and cons of a PhD (major con is lack of time), having fun with my boy, reading, writing, and barely any sewing. :(

But ... but I finished this gorgeous dress back in December (just in time for New Year's).

Untitled-1a

 I used this Burda pattern. I fell in love with it the second I saw it the October issue. I had the perfect fabric for it: Liberty Ayse Red from Tessuti. It's a wonderful wool-cotton blend that is terrific to work with. It's a bit scratchy on the skin if you're delicate, but I lined the dress and it's fantastic. I used Susan Kahlje's advice that she shares in her Craftsy class on couture dressmaking, such as I hand-stitched the zipper in, I used silk organza underlining, I made a muslin (first time ever that I bothered with it and it helped because I adjusted the back darts and the shoulder seams thanks to the muslin). It meant a lot of work, but it was worth it.


Untitled-2

1 comment: