Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Wendy blouse

My husband's shirt had a stain that could not be removed so he couldn't wear it to the office anymore. It is made from a lovely cotton in blue and ochre color, so lovely, in fact, that I pounced on it immediately. :)
I used a simple top pattern to re-fashion it, swaping the back and front so that my blouse buttons up at the back. I had to do this because of the collar that I wanted to use - my own version of the Peter Pan collar that I'm naming the Wendy collar. ;)

048
035
005
029
004I kept the original shirt hems and added cap sleeves that go great with the playfulness of this top. I think that making three rows of seams instead of just two on the upper curved part of the sleeves gives you more control over how the sleeve will behave when inserted into the armscye.
039
003
BEFORE
032
AFTER
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that shirt is so cool and I really like your Wendy collar! How did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. When I find some time, I'll put together a tutorial on the collar, I promise. :)

      Delete