Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ocean blue wrap top

I had a large piece of light blue knit fabric. For the life of me I couldn't remember why I'd bought it because I didn't even like the color. To fix my error, I bought fabric dye and turned it into a greenish dark blue color that I like very much!

And what better way to use the 'new' fabric than to make a comfy wrap top from it. I've seen so many lovely wrap tops on the web and they all looked so tempting. But I didn't have a pattern. So I decided to make my very first pattern. As the base, I used a tunic pattern that I used a while ago (that reminds me I have yet to post photos of that tunic!) and adjusted it to my needs. It was actually easier than I imagined.


You can get the pattern on BurdaStyle. Or, if you're not a member on BS, shoot me an email at brizitka2001 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll send it to you. Unfortunately, it's only available in size M at the moment. It's an easy pattern, you'll be able to use it even if you're a novice seamstress.

8 comments:

  1. very cool! :D we did use the same color and same style!! :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me smile when I browsed your blog and came across the same top in the same color. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Definitely favoriting this on Burdastyle so I can make it in the future! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not find the pattern on the Burda website. I love this top! Please advise. Thanks! timpson77@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @timpson I sent you an email with the pattern. Hope you received it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found this beautiful top on Google. I'm not a really good dressmaker, but I think it is simple to realize, so I tried to download the patter on BursaStyle, but it don't start. Can I have the pattern? I really love it! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Leave me your email here or email me to brizitka2001(at)yahoo(.)com and I'll send you the pattern. :)

      Delete